Kitchen ideas, bathroom ideas, and more ∨

Ideas for your living spaces, lamps and landscape design.
Find shelving, customizable closet systems and stylish home furniture to whip your closet into shape.
Remodeling and Home Design

Oh Joy

As soon as I spotted these reusable bags by Oh Joy for Target via Instagram I knew I needed them. Yes, NEEDED them! With all my shopping trips to Costco and Whole Foods for my new eating ways, these are sure to keep a smile on my face. I got them online since I was afraid I would miss them in stores by the time I could get out to Target. Aren't they so pretty?


Comfort Always

I have found a trend in the way I dress. It's simple really, I like to be comfortable. I can't wear tops that need to be shifted or bound with a belt. My pants have to move with me and not be tugged on. There used to be days that I would rather be highly uncomfortable and be on trend, but the older I get the less I care about those things. Yes, most days I find myself wearing leggings and a long tunic, but every once in awhile I feel like mixing it up. I have been loving the boyfriend jean look, but every pair I try on seem to swallow me whole and look more silly than anything else. I had a pair in high school that were amazing, but bodies change. These I found are considered skinny jeans according to the tag, but I found them to be considerably soft and not tight at all. They had the relaxed look and feel I wanted. I know these will now be on constant repeat through spring and beyond. I came across them at Nordstrom Rack and cannot find them online for sale for the life of me, but here's the link if you happen to have your own Nordstrom Rack nearby. Apparently I got mine for a steal after viewing prices on line. YAY me!

three alternatives for the jeans high & low-ish: ONE, TWO, THREE

terry top

shoes {bought awhile ago at Nordstrom Rack} these and these are similar. Love these too although they have a different feel. Shoe trends are okay with me especially when I saw them pass the first few times around. HA!


A Boy's Bath {dreaming}

If KJ had his own bath I think it would look something like this. Simple, clean, and have the ability to work at any age.

mirror {on sale} | sink | sconces | bath mat | stool | shower curtain | hand soap


It's Official

KJ is officially 7!!! The weekend was a blast. On Friday we had a huge class party at the park that could not have been more fun, Saturday my family came over for another party and on Sunday this little man flew a plane. As he said, this was the BEST weekend ever!!!

Being Auburn fans through and through he opted for an Auburn football party. I kept it very simple knowing the kiddos were going to be on the playground the majority of the time. The Mr made the cute cupcakes and we had an abundance of pizza. The tablecloth was a astroturf rug from Lowes and all the decor were things we already owned or borrowed from a friend. The Mr put together a little slide show of KJ pics and as it played through all the SEC fight songs came on. The party favor's were bouncy balls which was rather economical due to the amount I had to get and a were a huge hit. The bags, labels, balloons and buckets were all from Party City.

On his actual birthday we had a flight set up for him to fly over Auburn. He was in heaven!!! He is officially ready to be a pilot and I may have teared up seeing his little boy dreams come true. He was in complete awe and amazement. Even Ellie decided to take a turn and with her fear of heights this was pretty huge for her. Although my hand is still sore from the death grip she had on me the whole flight. HA.


A Clean Look


I am tired of having so much "stuff". I have been dreaming of getting rid of all the extra and only keeping what I feel is stunning or practical. In other words only having my favorites around. Granted this also stresses me out, because then I will see home much money I have wasted over the years. I think the garage would be our biggest tackle. It's all the things I was saving for our next house, which may not actually happen, or decorating clients that I no longer take on. I would love to have only three large cabinets for party supplies that I use over and over, tools, gardening supplies, and things I buy in bulk like paper towels, plus our bikes and that be it. Actually get it to the point where the two car garage can fit two cars. Our bedroom would be the next tackle. It also houses our office and the amount of "stuff" stresses both the Mr and I out. Unfortunately in our petite house we have no other place for even a desk. My goal is to get rid of all things not deemed necessary to run our photography business or our home. I am hoping my current shelves will then be able to hold everything necessary and add cabinet doors to hide it making for a clean look. Have you seen Panyl's that you can add to the standard ikea door fronts? I would love a rich wood grain look for added texture. I would add an oversized family photo plus some leaning art removing my inspiration board that I rarely change, besides the messiness of it drives the Mr bonkers. Then I would put my overflowing amount of design books, which are completely necessary since I got rid of all my magazines,  stacked on top. We also dream of adding hardwoods to this space mostly because it would help with my allergies. I am really liking Jenny's DIY and think it could add the character I like for so little money. In a dream world I would add a fun chandelier instead of our fan, but I must say the fan is somewhat of an addiction.

chandelier | DIY hardwoods | bookcase door | shelf wood door panels |face art | girl in sea art