I cannot believe it is already May! Time is flying by much too quickly for my taste. I suppose it's not too bad though since May is one of my favorite months. It's not too hot yet, wedding season is in full swing, my mother celebrates her birthday, Ellie gets out of school for summer, and of course my favorite... Mother's Day. I am not sure about you, but I truly believe one can not have too many journals or personalized stationary. Minted comes to the rescue as always with gorgeous goods. I think these would make great Mother's Day gifts...
Are they just not too much fun?
So Minted was kind enough to do another giveaway on Two Ellie for $100 towards stationary and/or journals of your liking. You can give as gifts or keep for yourself. All you have to do is leave a comment and I will choose a person at random this coming Friday. Just be sure to leave a way for me to contact you if you so happen to win!
Oh, and let's not forget all the other goodies that Minted has to offer...
Can you say LOVE?
As soon as I saw this lamp from Wisteria in the most recent catelog I instantly fell head over heels. I have been racking my brain on where to put such a lovely lamp, but I can't think of a one. Is she not every so pretty. As for this perfectly prep outfit, it is perfect for spring. Love the two shades of blue with the pop of green.
lamp from Wisteria | outfit from J.Crew
This past week the kiddos and I have been quite under the weather. I truly am such a baby when I become ill with a cold, but as you know I could not just stop being a momma. We watched way too many movies, can't recall making a single wholesome meal and the house became an absolute wreck. Rather than focus on all the negative though I will share a few of my happy moments as of late...
- Both the kiddos learned how to ride their bikes without training wheels. What a scary thing to learn, but both of them were brave and did a spectacular job. The Mr was the one to thank with this process. I just stood on the sidelines and cheered my heart out.
- The kiddos are at the age where chapter books are riveting. I have read till my throat screamed in pain both the Bobbsey Twins and The Secret Garden thus far. My favorite part is hearing what they thought of the reading. I can see their little imaginations going wild!
- Ellie did a school project on peacocks. It reminded me of all the school projects I did with my father. It was so much fun seeing how excited she got about the whole process even though she has double ear infections and a fever that is tough to kick.
- Before I this cold I went running TWICE! This is such an accomplishment for me since my year of ailments. It was only a mile and I did walk a tad and my lungs agonized afterwards, but I still did it! I take this as a new beginning to a better self.
- KJ has started calling Ellie, Elle. It really is the cutest thing. So grown up.
Also I wanted to say a huge THANK YOU to you all for the input on my wall colors. I love to know everyone's thought's and it seems it was an unanimous decision to keep the greige trim. Needless to say it will stay.
I finally started one of the final house projects on my list for this year, painting the house. It took me much too long to find a paint color I would want throughout all the main living areas. I settled on Sherwin Williams Creamy after deciding a pure white would not work in my humble abode. My first plan was to paint EVERYTHING this creamy color, but after seeing last months House & Garden I decided to try out keeping the trim dark.
I LOVED everything about this home feature especially the paint colors. I am honestly on the fence on what I think about it in my own home. I feel the contrast might be too jarring. The paint they used has a little more greige undertones than mine, but it's close-ish. I could lighten the trim a couple of shades which sounds like so much work, paint it out cream like my original plan, or keep it as is. Maybe once I put everything back in and add my many layers of decor it will give me the feel I so adore about the House & Garden home. What are your thoughts? For now I am at a stand still on painting till I make a decision. Oh, and I can't tell you how happy I am to get rid of the paint that was there. Although nice, I never liked the yellow undertones it cast during certain times of day. I am sure some of you will like the old color better, but I am in dire need of a change and the old paint is a mess after all these years. All my favorite homes that I see are light and bright so I decided to give it a go.